The relationship between private sector investment and aid donors will come under scrutiny when the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee take evidence from financial investors as part of its inquiry into the economics of development aid.
The evidence session will take place at 3.35pm, Tuesday 25 October in Committee Room 1 of the House of Lords.
- Mr Simon Harford – Actis
- Mr Jonathan Pell – Adam Smith International
- Mr Jan Dehn – Ashmore Investment Management
Investors will be asked about issues such as:
- Impediments to economic growth in the world's poorest countries and what aid can do to remove such constraints
- How British aid efforts could be made more effective
- Whether aid could be directed at supporting diversification of private sector investment in developing countries
- The effect of aid programmes on investment decisions by private sector firms