Chair of the Russell Group and Vice-Chancellor of Glasgow University, Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli gives evidence to the Economics Affairs Committee. He is joined by international higher education expert, Professor Simon Marginson from University College London and the President and Principal of King's College London, Professor Edward Byrne.
Tuesday 31 October in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli, Vice-Chancellor, Glasgow University
- Professor Simon Marginson, Director, Centre for Higher Education University College Lodnon
- Professor Edward Byrne, President and Principal, King's College London
Dr Gavan Conlon
- How does participation in higher education in England, and the UK, compare to other countries?
- Are more graduates in England employed in non-graduate jobs than in other countries?
- Has free higher education in Scotland led to more participation amongst people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
- What lessons does the removal of the cap on student numbers for higher education in Australia have for England?
- Should universities publish the costs of courses and lower fees for cheaper subjects?
- How reliant are universities on international students?