The Economic Affairs Committee hears evidence from Robert Good MP, Minister of State for Immigration, and Jon Simmons, Head of Migration and Border Analysis, for its inquiry into Brexit and the Labour Market.
Tuesday 14 March in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Robert Goodwill MP, Minister of State for Immigration, Home Office
- Jon Simmons, Head of Migration and Border Analysis, Home Office
Topics of discussion
Questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- Does the Government still have a target to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands?
- After Brexit, will the UK have different immigration systems for EU and non-EU migrants?
- Is the Government focus on highly skilled migrants neglecting the needs of other sectors?
- Should there be any transitional arrangements for immigration after Brexit?
- Will British workers be able to substitute for the EU workforce, particularly in low skilled jobs, after Brexit?
Image credit: iStockphoto