Jonathan Ewen, Director of Barnardos North East, will be speaking to the Lords Select Committee on Adoption Legislation about the adoption process at 11.15am on Tuesday 10 July, as part of its inquiry into Adoption Legislation.
He will be preceded, at 10.15, by Dr Carol Homden, Chief Executive of the Thomas Coram Foundation for Children (Coram), the UK’s first children’s charity.
At 10.15am, Tuesday 10 July, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Jonathan Ewen, Director of Barnardos North East
- Dr Carol Homden, Chief Executive of the Thomas Coram Foundation for Children (Coram)
The Committee are expected to question Dr Homden and Mr Ewen on issues including:
- if it’s right that adoption is seen as the preferred route for looked-after children;
- what factors may be contributing to the length of the time the current adoption process takes;
- whether children waiting to be adopted are monitored effectively; and
- their views on the Regulations which are due to come into effect on 1 September, limiting the role of adoption panels.
The evidence session will take place on Tuesday 10 July at 10.15am in Committee Room 3A.