The House of Lords Select Committee on Adoption Legislation will hear evidence from Department for Education officials on Tuesday, 26 June.
At 10.15am, Tuesday 26 June, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Shirley Trundle, Director of Families Group
- Anne Crombie, Deputy Director for Adoption Reform
- Sandra Walker, Deputy Director of the Children’s Services and Family Law team in the Legal Advisers Office
Questions that the Department for Education officials could be asked include:
- Is there any reason to be concerned about the falling number of adoptions?
- Is there a problem recruiting possible adopters from particular ethnic groups? If so, why and what can be done to change this?
- Is it realistic to place a six-month time limit on care proceedings?
- What are the alternatives to adoption?