Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Kenneth Clarke, will be questioned by MPs and Members of the Lords on the Joint Committee on Human Rights today at 2.15pm.
Minister of State in the Ministry of Justice, Lord McNally will also give evidence at the session, which will examine the Government's human rights policy.
MPs and Lords will ask questions on:
- The European Convention on Human Rights
- The Equalities and Human Rights Commission
- A UK Bill of Rights
- The effect of budget cuts announced in the CSR on human rights
- Control Orders
- Prison Reform
- Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke QC MP, Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice
- Rt Hon Lord McNally, Minister of State, Ministry of Justice