Former Home Secretaries, Jack Straw, David Blunkett and Charles Clarke, and former Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith, gave evidence to the Joint Committee on the Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills, on Monday 4 April.
Monday 4 April, Committee Room 3
- Rt Hon Jack Straw MP, former Home Secretary from 1997-2001
- Rt Hon David Blunkett MP, former Home Secretary from 2001-2004
- Rt Hon Charles Clarke, former Home Secretary from 2004-6
- Lord Goldsmith, former Attorney General
- Professor Clive Walker, Professor of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Leeds
- Professor Conor Gearty, London School of Economics