The Work and Pensions Select Committee will hold a one-off oral evidence session on progress with implementation of Universal Credit on Wednesday 10 July. Committee members will question Ministers and progress made since the Committee published its Report on Universal Credit implementation in November 2012.
Wednesday 10 July, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Lord Freud, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Welfare Reform
- Howard Shiplee, Universal Credit Director General, DWP
- Suzanne Newton, Real Time Information Programme Director, HM Revenue and Customs.
The session is expected to cover the following issues:
- implementation timetable and progress of Pathfinders
- development of IT, including real-time information
- the online claiming system
- support for claimants, particularly vulnerable ones, including local authority support
- banking facilities to support UC
- incentives for second earners to enter work; passported benefits
- support for housing costs.