On Monday 14 January the Work and Pensions Select Committee will take evidence from regulators and consumer representatives as part of its inquiry into governance and best practice in workplace pensions. This will be the fourth oral evidence session of the inquiry.
The Committee’s inquiry is assessing how governance in workplace pensions could be improved to encourage greater retirement saving and to work more effectively for scheme members. It will also explore some of the wider issues raised in the Committee’s inquiry and subsequent report on automatic enrolment in workplace pensions.
Monday 14 January 2013, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
At 4.30 pm:
- Age UK – Jane Vass, Head of Public Policy The Pensions Advisory Service – Alison Bailey, Head of Policy
- Trades Union Congress (TUC) – Craig Berry, Pensions Policy Officer
- Which? – Dominic Lindley – Financial Services Policy Team Leader
At 5.30 pm:
- Financial Services Authority/Financial Conduct Authority – Martin Wheatley – Managing Director, Conduct Business Unit (FSA) and Chief Executive Officer Designate (FCA)
- The Pensions Regulator – Bill Galvin, Chief Executive