This was the final evidence session for the inquiry into support for housing costs in the reformed welfare system.
The session covered:
- How the Government intends to support vulnerable people affected by the Social Sector Size Criteria (SSSC) and the Benefit Cap
- Government plans to ensure all supported accommodation is exempt from the SSSC and the Benefit Cap
- What the current Government position is regarding temporary accommodation and its interaction with the SSSC and the Benefit Cap
- Affordability of suitable accommodation in the private sector for Housing Benefit claimants
- Discretionary Housing Payment allocations and sufficiency of funds in the future
- How the Government intends to support local authorities and tenants affected by changes to council tax support
- Resourcing arrangements in the Local Support Services Framework
The Committee issued terms of reference for this inquiry on 23 July 2013.
Details of the session are as follows:
Time/date: Wednesday 12 February at 9.30 am
Location: Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Lord Freud, Minister for Welfare Reform and Andrew Parfitt, Deputy Director for Housing Policy, Department for Work and Pensions
- Kris Hopkins MP, Minister for Housing and Jennifer Ashby, Deputy Director of Welfare Reform, Department for Communities and Local Government
Image: Parliamentary copyright