The Work and Pensions Select Committee will question the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions on the Department's Annual Report and Accounts 2012-13.
Monday 3 February, Wilson Room
- Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Robert Devereux, Permanent Secretary
- Mike Driver, Director General for Finance
Purpose of the session
This will be a wide-ranging session, covering the expenditure and administration of the Department for Work and Pensions across its areas of responsibility, arising from the DWP Annual Report and Accounts for 2012-13 (PDF 2.59MB), which were published in December 2013.
The issues to be discussed are likely to include:
- Trends in benefit expenditure
- Implications for DWP expenditure of announcements in the Spending Round and the Autumn Statement 2013
- Costs of Universal Credit implementation, including IT expenditure and the new digital solution
This is the second meeting with the Secretary of State to discuss the DWP Annual Report & Accounts 2012-13. The first session was held on 9 December 2013 and focused on DWP statistics and Universal Credit. Further information about that meeting is available online.
The DWP Annual Report and Accounts (ARA) for 2012-13 (PDF 2.59MB) was expected to be published at the end of June 2013 but was eventually published on 10 December 2013.