Chair of the Welsh Affairs Committee, David T. C. Davies MP said,
“The cessation of veterinary laboratory testing in Carmarthen and Aberystwyth would result in job losses and potentially have a significant impact on the rural community in Wales. The Committee has therefore decided to hold an inquiry into this matter, looking into the process by which this decision was made and the impact that this decision might have on the monitoring and detection of animal disease in Wales”.
1. Deadline for written evidence: 21 November 2011. Evidence received: printed (PDF 407KB), and virtual volume.
2. First evidence session: 23 November 2011. Watch. Read.
3. Second evidence session: 29 November 2011. Watch. Read.
4. Inquiry concluded and letter was sent to James Paice MP, Minister of State for Agriculture and Food at Defra on 29 March 2012.
5. Government Response received 10 May 2012.
6. The Committee writes to Rt Hon James Paice MP on 22 May 2012.
7. Inquiry closed.
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee has announced it is holding an evidence session into AHVLA veterinary services in England: http://www.parliament.uk/efracom