The Committee has agreed to undertake an inquiry into Broadband Services, which will examine:
- The current provision of broadband services in Wales
- The UK Government’s broadband strategy, with particular regard to its potential impact on Wales
- The case for further Next Generation Access (‘super-fast’ broadband) pilot projects based in Wales
- The extent to which the strategy of the UK Government will complement the Welsh Assembly Government’s priorities for the future of broadband in Wales
- Progress made towards promoting digital inclusion in Wales, including evidence of the take-up of broadband support schemes on offer
- Progress made towards improving the provision of throughout Wales and eradicating broadband ‘notspots’
- Progress made towards improving mobile broadband coverage in Wales.