Spending Round 2013 hearings
11 July 2013
The Treasury Committee will take evidence for its inquiry into the Spending Round on Tuesday 9 July 2013 and Thursday 11 July. Both meetings begin at 10am and will be held in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
Witnesses on Tuesday 9 July
- Carl Emmerson, Deputy Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies,
- Gemma Tetlow, Programme Director, Pensions, Saving and Public Finances, Institute for Fiscal Studies
- John Cridland CBE, Director General, CBI,
- Professor Doug McWilliams, founder of the Centre for Economics and Business Research
- Nicola Smith, Head of Economic and Social Affairs Department, Trades Union Congress
- Rt Hon Danny Alexander MP, Chief Secretary, HM Treasury
Witnesses on Thursday 11 July
- Rt Hon George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, HM Treasury
- Sharon White, Director General, Public Spending, HM Treasury
About the hearings
These hearings follow the Chancellor's 2013 Spending Round Statement to the House of Commons on 26 June 2013.
Spending Round documents and further information, including the statement, can be found on the HM Treasury website.
Image: Parliamentary copyright
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Central government, Economy and finance, Parliament, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news, Public administration, Economic policy, Public expenditure, Ministers, Business, industry and consumers
Share this page