The House of Commons Transport Select Committee and Parliament's Outreach Service are to hold a free event in London on Tuesday 19 November 2013 focusing on women and transport, as part of Parliament Week 2013.
Louise Ellman MP, Chair of the Transport Committee will be joined by senior figures from the transport sector for a discussion event examining:
- the challenges faced by women using the transport system on an everyday basis, from access to affordability, from safety to reliability, and more
- the issues affecting women working in the transport industry and the barriers they face getting started and developing their careers
This event will take place on Tuesday 19 November 2013, from 2.30-3.50pm at One Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AA.
Confirmed speakers at the moment are:
- Alison Munro, Chief Executive, HS2 Ltd
- Sheila Holden, President, Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT)
- Camilla Ween, President, Women's Transport Seminar (London)
- Val Shawcross CBE, Chair of the London Assembly Transport Committee
Image: Parliament Week