Cost of motor insurance: whiplash, first evidence session
20 May 2013
The Transport Committee holds its first oral evidence session on the cost of motor insurance: whiplash.
Louise Ellman MP, Chair of the Transport Committee, said:
“There are strong views on all sides of the debate on whiplash claims. We will hear oral evidence from different groups on the Government’s proposals for reducing the number and cost of whiplash claims. We will discuss with witnesses the impact these proposals might have on reducing motor insurance premiums and on access to justice for injured people.”
Monday 20 May 2013, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Christian Worsfold, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Dr Donal McNally, Associate Professor and Reader in Bioengineering and Head of the Bioengineering Research Group, University of Nottingham
- Dr Amanda Roshier, Lecturer in Anatomy and Behaviour, School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham
- Andrew Miller, Director of Research, Thatcham Research
- David Brown, Chair of the third party working group, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- David Powell, Manager, Lloyd’s Market Association
- Dr Simon Margolis, Chief Executive, Premex Services
- Dr Andre Brittain-Dissont
The Committee will also take oral evidence on this subject on 17 June 2013 – witnesses to be confirmed.
The Committee’s programme of oral evidence is subject to change at late notice.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Transport, Roads, House of Commons news, Commons news, Committee news
Share this page