Oral evidence session: security on the railway.
The Committee will take evidence from researchers and rail representative groups. Likely topics for discussion include station safety, the effectiveness of British Transport Police and vulnerable children and young people.
Monday 7 April 2014, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Richard Batley, Principal Research Fellow and Director of Research and Innovation, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
- Dr Andrew Newton, Senior Research Fellow, Applied Criminology Centre, University of Huddersfield
- Andy McCullough, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Railway Children
- Mike Hewitson, Head of Passenger Issues, Passenger Focus
- Charles Horton, Managing Director, Southeastern, and policing and security group member, Rail Delivery Group