The Scottish Affairs Committee agreed to conduct an inquiry into the power cuts which occurred in much of Scotland in December 2011 and January 2012, as a result of winter storms. Terms of reference were published on 13 January and the Committee agreed to hold two oral evidence sessions.
Today the Committee will hold its second evidence session in relation to the Committee's inquiry into A Robust Grid for 21st Century Scotland.
Wednesday 8 February, 2.30 pm in The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
The Committee will take evidence from:
At 2.30 pm
- Paul Smith, Director of Operations, Energy Networks Association
- Frank Mitchell, CEO, ScottishPower Energy Networks
- Vicky Kelsall, Customer Service Director, ScottishPower Energy Networks
- Mark Mathieson, Managing Director, Networks, Scottish & Southern Energy
- Alan Broadbent, Head of Engineering, Networks, Scottish & Southern Energy
At approx 3.30 pm
- Rachel Fletcher, Acting Senior Partner, Smarter Grids and Governance: Distribution, Ofgem
- Hannah Nixon, Acting Senior Partner, Transmission, Ofgem
- Jeremy Sainsbury, Chairman, Scottish Renewables
Information on the Committee’s future meetings is available on the What’s On section of the Scottish Affairs Committee homepage.