On Wednesday 19 March 2014, the Science and Technology Committee hosted the third session on 'Voice of the Future 2014' which was the Society of Biology’s major contribution to the National Science & Engineering Week 2014.
The Society has a duty under its Royal Charter “to serve the public benefit” and it was in that spirit that it co-operated with the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee and with other science organisations which made this event possible.
Panel 1 - 9.35 a.m.
- Sir Mark Walport FRS FMedSci, Government Chief Scientific Adviser
Panel 2 - 10.00 a.m.
- Andrew Miller MP (Chair of the Select Committee)
- Members of Parliament on the Select Committee
Panel 3 - 11.00 a.m.
- Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP, Shadow Minister for Universities and Science and Skills
Panel 4 - 11.30 a.m.
- Rt Hon David Willetts MP, Minister for Universities and Science
Image: Parliamentary copyright