The Science and Technology Committee examines the state of school science experiments and field trips, asking if the number of experiments and field trips are in decline and, if they are, why?
The Committee will consider what part health and safety concerns play in preventing students from performing practical experiments and going on field trips, as well as exploring the possible consequences for science education and career choices if the quality and number of experiments and trips are in decline.
The Committee will meet on Wednesday 15 June 2011 in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House.
- Kevin Courtney, Deputy General Secretary, National Union of Teachers
- Dr Stuart Hitch, Earth Science Teachers' Association affiliated teacher
- Greg Jones, National Union of Teachers affiliated teacher
- Professor Chris King, Earth Science Teachers' Association
- Darren Northcott, National Official (Education), National Association of Schoolmasters/Union of Women Teachers
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course.