This is the final oral evidence session for the Committee’s inquiry on blood, tissue and organ screening.
At 9.15 am, evidence on topics covered throughout the inquiry—including vCJD screening, risk reduction measures, surveillance and organ transplantation—will be taken from representatives of Public Health England and NHS Blood and Transplant. At 10.15 am, the Committee will take evidence from the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health, Jane Ellison MP, and the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Dame Sally Davies.
Wednesday 30 April 2014
Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Professor James Neuberger, Associate Medical Director, NHS Blood and Transplant
- Dr Lorna Williamson, Medical and Research Director, NHS Blood and Transplant
- Dr Paul Cosford, Director for Health Protection and Medical Director, Public Health England
- Dr Katy Sinka, Consultant Epidemiologist and Head of CJD Section, Public Health England
At 10.15 am
- Jane Ellison MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Public Health, Department of Health
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health
The session is open to the public on a first come, first served basis. Portcullis House is the building directly above Westminster Station, entrance to which is via Victoria Embankment. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change.