The Science and Technology Committee will hold the following oral evidence session in its inquiry into 'Government Horizon Scanning'.
This is the first evidence hearing of the inquiry. The first panel will introduce the concept of horizon scanning and comprises witnesses with significant experience of conducting horizon scanning work, both for Government and for other groups. The second panel consists of current and former representatives of UK national academies and will explore the part played by external expertise in Government horizon scanning activity.
Wednesday 23 October 2013
Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
At 9.15 am
- Alun Huw Williams, Principal, SAMI Consulting
- Doug McKay, Vice President International Organisations, Shell International
- Natalie Day, Head of Policy, Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford
At 10.00 am
- Dr Martyn Thomas, Royal Academy of Engineering
- Professor Ann Buchanan, Academy of Social Sciences
- Jonathan Cowie, former Head of Science Policy, Institute of Biology
Further evidence sessions will be announced in due course.