MPs take evidence on regulation of medical implants
13 June 2012
The Science and Technology Committee holds the second evidence session of its inquiry into 'Regulation of medical implants'.
At this meeting, the Committee will be seeking to understand the perspective of:
- the implant manufacturers and the leading UK notified body which certifies medical implants (British Standards Institute)
- the European Commission, who are currently working on a revision of the Medical Devices Directive
- the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the Department of Health.
Wednesday 13 June 2012, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- John Howlett, Head of Notified Body, British Standards Institute (Healthcare) (BSi)
- Peter Ellingworth, Chief Executive, Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI)
- Mike Kreuzer, Technical and Regulatory Executive Director, Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI)
- Jacqueline Minor, Director of Consumer Affairs, Directorate-General for Health & Consumers, European Commission
- Sir Kent Woods, Chief Executive, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Lord Howe (Earl), Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department of Health
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Health services and medicine, Medical ethics, Patient rights and complaints, Commons news, Committee news, Science and technology
Share this page