The Science and Technology Committee today questions experts on how the government prepared for and reacted to the swine flu pandemic in 2009.
The Committee will examine how scientific advice and evidence was used to inform policy decisions, what were the obstacles faced and how did different organisations work together.
At 9.30 am
- Professor Sheila Bird, Vice-President (2006-09), Royal Statistical Society
- Professor Neil Ferguson OBE, Director, MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling
- Justin McCracken, Chief Executive, Health Protection Agency
- Dr Peter Holden, British Medical Association
At 10.30 am
- Professor Sir Gordon Duff, Chair of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Advisory Committee, Department of Health
- Sir Liam Donaldson, Former Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health
- Professor David Harper CBE, Chief Scientist, Department of Health
Further sessions focussing on volcanic ash, space weather and cyber security will be announced in due course.