The Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will hold its annual evidence session with the Charity Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wales, on Tuesday 4 February at 9.30am
Tuesday 4 February, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- William Shawcross, Chair, Charity Commission
- Sam Younger, Chief Executive, Charity Commission
Particular issues to be explored may include
- The purpose and functions of the Charity Commission;
- recent criticism that the Commission has failed to regulate the charity sector effectively; and
- the Commission’s decision to register the Preston Down Trust, a Plymouth Brethren organisation, as a charity.
The @CommonsPASC Twitter account will be live tweeting the session, using the #CharityCommission.
Image: Parliamentary copyright