As part of the Committee’s interest in public service reform PASC will be hearing from two leading representatives of the voluntary sector, Thomas Hughes-Hallett, the Chief Executive of Marie Curie Cancer Care and Sir Stuart Etherington, Chief Executive, National Council for Voluntary Organisations, about the future of funding for charities and voluntary groups and the wider role of the voluntary sector in the Big Society.
Tuesday 18th January 2011
Committee Room 16
At 10.30 am
- Thomas Hughes-Hallett, Chief Executive, Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Sir Stuart Etherington, Chief Executive, National Council for
Particular issues that may arise include:
- What part the voluntary sector should play in the Big Society;
- proposals to increase individual giving and philanthropy; and
- the role of charities and voluntary groups in the delivery of public services.