This is the third session of PASC’s inquiry into Statistics and Open Data, part of the Committee’s programme of work on statistics and their use in government.
At 4.30pm, Monday 11 November 2013, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Minister for Business and Enterprise, BIS
- Nick Hurd MP, Minister for Civil Society, Cabinet Office
- Jil Matheson, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Glen Watson, Director General, Office for National Statistics
- Sean Whellams, Head of Statistics Profession, HMRC
Objectives of the session
The objectives of this session are:
- to assess the aims and coherence of the Government’s Open Data strategy and whether the Government has the will and capacity to make it happen
- to ask the National Statistician and two of her colleagues what the profession can contribute to the implementation of the strategy.
Image: Parliamentary copyright