This is the final session in a short inquiry into the role of special advisers. This session takes place on Monday 18 June in Committee Room 15.
The session will consider the accountability of special advisers in Government, and the arrangements in place for management of their performance, including the role to be played by permanent civil servants and ministers.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The effectiveness of the Code of Conduct for Special Advisers;
- The advice, training and support available for special advisers;
- Performance management and appraisal mechanisms.
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Sue Gray, Head of Propriety and Ethics, Cabinet Office
Image: Parliamentary copyright