This is the second session of PASC’s post-legislative scrutiny inquiry into the implementation and operation of the Charities Act 2006. The Committee will first take evidence from the leaders of four umbrella bodies—which represent charities across the UK—on their view of the main issues facing the charity sector. In the second part of the session, the Committee will take evidence on charity fundraising, and hear from the three main bodies involved in the self-regulation of fundraising.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The key issues facing small and local charities;
- how the Charity Commission should be funded; and
- public concerns about face-to-face fundraising or "chugging".
This session takes place on Tuesday 23 October in Committee Room 16.
9.15am (Panel 1)
- Sir Stuart Etherington, National Council of Voluntary Organisations
- Sir Stephen Bubb, Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations
- Cath Lee, Small Charities Coalition
- Joe Irvin, National Association for Voluntary and Community Action
10.15am (Panel 2)
- Peter Lewis, Institute of Fundraising
- Alistair McLean, Fundraising Standards Board
- Sally de la Bedoyere, Public Fundraising Regulatory Association