This is the first session of the Public Administration Select Committee’s (PASC) inquiry into public engagement in policy-making. The Committee will be take evidence from people and organisations with experience of facilitating and analysing public engagement with central and local Government. The Committee will hear about how and why people want to be involved in policy-making; and what "open" policy-making means for the role of the Civil Service.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- levels of public participation and engagement in policy issues;
- digital inclusion and barriers to engagement;
- the relationship between "open" policy-making and strategic leadership.
Tuesday 13 November 2012
Committee Room 16
9.30am (Panel 1)
- David Babbs, Executive Director, 38 Degrees
- Stephan Shakespeare, Founder and Global Chief Executive Officer, YouGov
- Tom Steinberg, Founder and Director, MySociety
10.30am (Panel 2)
- Professor Beth Noveck, former US Deputy Chief Technology Officer, and author of Wiki Government
- Roger Hampson, Chief Executive Officer, London Borough of Redbridge
- Catarina Tully, Director, FromOverHere