This is the second session of PASC’s inquiry into Parliament’s Ombudsman Service. Members will hear from three academics with experience and expertise drawn from different institutions and disciplines (administrative law, political science and British government).
Tuesday 29 October 2013, 9.30am
Committee Room 16
- Mr Brian Thompson, Senior Lecturer, School of Law, University of Liverpool
- Prof Patrick Dunleavy, Professor of Political Science and Public Policy, London School of Economics
- Prof Robert Hazell, Professor of British Politics and Government & Director of the Constitution Unit, University College London
Issues to be explored may include:
- Performance: does the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) make enough of a difference?;
- Purpose: does PHSO exist primarily to provide redress for individuals, to achieve broader, systemic improvement, or both?; and
- Powers: Does PHSO have the right set of tools to do the job?
Image: Parliamentary copyright