This is the sixth session of PASC’s inquiry into public procurement. It allows the Committee the chance to question those officials responsible for overseeing the delivery of procurement reform across Government on what the long term strategic objectives for public procurement reform should be, what progress is being made and what evidence is available to support this assessment. It will also provide an opportunity to question senior Cabinet Office officials on what they are doing to address the gaps in procurement and commercial skills within the Civil Service.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The way in which centralised contracts are overseen and managed;
- The skills mix needed within the Cabinet Office and government departments with regard to procurement;
- Whether procurement initiatives have had an impact on the ability of SMEs and the third sector to compete for government contracts.
At 4.45pm, Monday 25 March 2013, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Stephen Kelly, Chief Operating Officer and Head of the Efficiency and Reform Group, Cabinet Office
- Bill Crothers, Chief Procurement Officer, Government Procurement Service
- Sally Collier, Deputy Chief Procurement Officer, Government Procurement Service
Image: Parliamentary copyright