This is the fourth session of PASC’s inquiry into public procurement. It aims to examine in more detail the particular skills and capability issues within the public sector affecting the success of public procurement, and the potential remedies available. The Committee will hear from those professionally involved in improving commercial and procurement skills in the public and private sector and in advising government on major procurements and commercial negotiations.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The extent to which commercial and other procurement skills are lacking within the Civil Service;
- The measures needed to improve procurement skills and capability within the Civil Service;
- The impact of process in the ability for Civil Servants to carry out effective procurements.
At 9.30am, Tuesday 12 March 2013, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Tim Heywood, Director, Public Sector & Procurement, Burges Salmon LLP
- Tim Cummins, Chief Executive, International Association of Commercial and Contract Management
- Paul Chapman, Academy Director, UK Government Major Projects Leadership Academy
At 10.30am, Tuesday 12 March 2013, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- David Noble, Chief Executive, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Andrew Coulcher, Director of Business Solutions, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Peter Smith, Managing Director, Procurement Excellence Consultants
Image: Parliamentary copyright