The Public Administration Select Committee holds an evidence session with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. This will take place on Monday 16 December at 4.30pm in Committee Room 5, committee corridor, Palace of Westminster.
- Dame Julie Mellor DBE, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
- Helen Hughes, Chief Operating Officer, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
At this session, the Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will hold its annual scrutiny session with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO), Dame Julie Mellor. The Committee will hear from Dame Julie about her work in 2012/13, and her strategy for the operation of the service from 2013-18.
The session will also form part of the Committee’s inquiry into Parliament’s Ombudsman Service, in which Members will discuss with PHSO what is needed to deliver a modern ombudsman service for the public.
Particular issues to be explored may include
- the challenges faced by PHSO in achieving the aims of the 2013-18 strategy;
- how investigations are undertaken by PHSO and the impact of PHSO’s strategy to investigate more complaints;
- how the landscape of ombudsmanry can be improved, for example through a single contact points for all complaints, or a single public services ombudsman.
Image: Parliamentary copyright