As part of their wider interest in public service reform, the Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will be hearing from Nick Hurd, Minister for Civil Society, and Justine Greening, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, about the Government's plans for the "Big Society" and future funding for charities and voluntary groups.
Particular issues that may arise include:
- the Government's ideas about what the "Big Society" is and how it will work
- the particular role of charities and voluntary groups
- Government proposals for increasing philanthropy and volunteering
At 9.45 am
- Nick Hurd MP, Minister for Civil Society
- Justine Greening MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury