The Public Administration Committee will quiz the Cabinet Secretary Sir Gus O'Donnell today at 9.30am in Committee Room 15.
This evidence session will provide the Committee with the opportunity to question Sir Gus about the on going process of civil service reform and hear his views on the future of the service. The hearing forms part of the Public Administration Select Committee’s scrutiny of the Cabinet Office.
- Sir Gus O’Donnell, KCB; Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Home Civil Service and Ian Watmore, Chief Operating Officer, Efficiency and Reform Group, Cabinet Office
Particular issues that may arise include:
- the role of the Civil Service in the formation of the coalition government
- how Sir Philip Green’s report on efficiency reforms will be taken forward
- the prospects for the Civil Service in the aftermath of the Spending Review announcements
- how to ensure the Civil Service has the skills it needs to face the challenges ahead.