At 9.30 am Tuesday 25 February 2014 on the Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will hold an oral evidence session on the future of the Census, Committee room 16, committee corridor
Panel 1 at 9.30 am:
- Prof Jane Falkingham, University of Southampton
- Prof Chris Skinner, London School of Economics
- John Pullinger, President, Royal Statistical Society
Panel 2 at 10.30 am:
- Keith Dugmore, Director, Demographics User Group
- Sarah Henry, Manchester City Council
- Juliet Whitworth, Local Government Association
- Piers Elias, Tees Valley Unlimited
- Prof Les Mayhew, City University
The Committee will hear from academics, experts and users about the options for the Census, following the Office for National Statistics recent consultation on the options for the future provision of population statistics.
This session is part of the Committee’s wider programme of work on statistics and their use in Government.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- the value of the Census;
- the timeliness and reliability of Census data; and
- the pros and cons of options for the future of the Census.
The @CommonsPASC Twitter account will live tweet the session, using the hashtag #Census.