This is the fifth session of the Public Administration Select Committee’s (PASC) inquiry into the Future of the Civil Service. The Committee will first take evidence from Sir David Normington, First Civil Service Commissioner, on the Government’s proposals to increase ministerial involvement in permanent secretary appointments
In the second half of the session, the Committee will hear from representatives of two Civil Service trade unions, the FDA and the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS) on the Government’s Civil Service Reform Plan.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The potential impact of the Government’s Civil Service Reform Plan on the impartiality of the Civil Service;
- skills and training in Whitehall; and
- Civil Service pay and reward packages.
At 9.30am, Wednesday 13 February 2013, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Sir David Normington GCB, First Civil Service Commissioner and Commissioner for Public Appointments
At 10.30am, Wednesday 13 February 2013, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Dave Penman, General Secretary, FDA
- Hugh Lanning, Deputy General Secretary, PCS
Image: Parliamentary copyright