The Public Administration Select Committee will hold the first of two evidence sessions on the role of political special advisers on Tuesday 12 June 2012.
Tuesday 12 June 2012, Committee Room 8
- Michael Jacobs, Visiting Professor, School of Public Policy, LSE
- James O’Shaughnessy, Director, Mayforth Consulting
- Duncan Brack, freelance researcher
- Dr Andrew Blick, Democratic Audit
- Professor Martin Smith, University of Sheffield
- Zoe Gruhn, Institute for Government
This is the Committee’s first of two evidence sessions on the role of political special advisers.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- Former special advisers’ experiences during their time in Government;
- The contribution that special advisers make to policy development and strategic thinking;
- Induction, performance management and training for special advisers;
- Ministerial responsibility for special advisers;
- Numbers of special advisers.