Members will take evidence from two Lords Lieutenant: David Briggs, the Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire and Sir Garth Morrison, the Lord Lieutenant of East Lothian.
This is the first session of the Committee’s inquiry into the operation of the honours system.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- Whether honours are distributed in a fair and open way;
- the role of Lords Lieutenants in the operation of the honours system; and
- how to increase public confidence in the honours system.
Tuesday 24 April 2012
Committee Room 16
- David Briggs, MBE, K.St.J., Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire
- Sir Garth Morrison, KT, CBE, DL, Lord Lieutenant of East Lothian