This will be the Committee’s final evidence session of its Big Society inquiry. The Committee will take evidence from the ministers responsible for the Big Society policy agenda in government. The session will take place on Wednesday 12 October 2011 in Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
The Committee will consider the Government’s commitment to redistributing power away from Westminster and Whitehall to local communities, and examine the role of the Civil Service in achieving this objective.
Particular issues to be explored may include:
- The coordination and promotion of Big Society policies across government;
- the proposals to open up public services to a more diverse range of providers, including charities and mutuals; and
- what impact these proposals will have on equality of service provision and accountability.
At 9:45 am
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Nick Hurd MP, Minister for Civil Society, Cabinet Office
- Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Minister for Decentralisation and Cities, Department for Communities and Local Government