This is the final session of the Public Administration Select Committee's inquiry into the Business Appointment Rules, which govern the take-up of new jobs by former ministers and crown servants.
Particular issues to be explored with the Minister may include:
- Government policy on "interchange" and the "revolving door" between the public and private sectors;
- The appropriate balance to be struck between use of expertise from beyond Whitehall, and public concerns about propriety and undue influence;
- The work of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACoBA) and the operation of the Business Appointment Rules; and
- Compliance with the Business Appointment Rules.
Wednesday 25 April 2012, Committee Room 8
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office