This second session on the Committee’s Inquiry into Civil Service Reform and Good Governance principles will hear first from former Cabinet Secretaries about the value of a Cabinet Manual as part of the current consultation exercise and about their own experience in trying to reform the Civil Service
The Committee will then hear from current permanent secretaries about reform and transformation programmes in their own departments.
Tuesday 1 February 2011
Committee Room 20
At 10.30 am
- Lord Armstrong of Ilminster GCB, CVO
- Lord Wilson of Dinton, GCB
- Lord Turnbull of Enfield, KCB, CVO
- Ian Watmore, Cabinet Office
- Sir Suma Chakrabarti, KCB, Ministry of Justice
- Dame Helen Ghosh, DCB, Home Office
Particular issues which may be considered include:
- how previous attempts at civil service reform have fared;
- the impact of new governance arrangements with more private sector input into departmental boards; and
- how departments can manage transformation programmes successfully.