The Government is currently undertaking a recruitment exercise for the post of Chair of the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA). The Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) will hold a pre-appointment hearing with the Government’s preferred candidate in due course. In preparation for that hearing and as part of its remit for Government statistics, PASC will be hearing from members of the UKSA Board about current issues and future challenges facing the quality and production of official statistics.
Particular issues that may arise include:
- Public confidence in statistics;
- How well Census 2011 has gone; and
- Government attempts to devise a “Wellbeing Index”.
Tuesday 10th May 2011
Wilson Room, Portcullis House
At 10:30 am
- Sir Michael Scholar KCB, Chair, UKSA;
- Jil Matheson, National Statistician and
- Richard Alldritt, Head of Assessment, UKSA