The Public Administration Select Committee (PASC) holds a one-off evidence session on the Work of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (ACoBA) on Tuesday 25 March at 9.30 am
- Rt Hon Lord Lang of Monkton, the Chair of ACoBA
ACoBA is an independent committee which advises the Prime Minister (and where appropriate, the Foreign Secretary) on business appointment applications from senior Crown servants, and also advises Ministers directly, on any employment or appointments they wish to take up within two years of leaving office.
The session will form part of PASC’s regular scrutiny of ACoBA.
Topics to be covered
- the extent to which there is a revolving door between Government and business;
- public confidence in the rules that govern the employment of former ministers and crown servants;
- the work of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments over the past year; and
- the failure of the Cabinet Office to respond to PASC’s Report The Business Appointment Rules, published in July 2012.
The @CommonsPASC Twitter account will live tweet the session using the #ACOBA hashtag.