Political and Constitutional Reform Committee holds a follow up evidence session on 7 November at 10am.
On 23 October 2013, the Electoral Commission published its assessment of whether sufficient progress has been made with the implementation process for Individual Electoral Registration (IER) for the Minister to sign the necessary commencement order, meaning that the transition to IER will begin from June 2014. This session is an opportunity for the Committee to hear from the Electoral Commission about its assessment and to question Cabinet Office officials about the points that the Commission raises.
Thursday 7 November, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Jenny Watson, Chair, Electoral Commission
- Peter Wardle, Chief Executive, Electoral Commission
- Phil Thompson, Research and Evaluation Manager, Electoral Commission
- Ciaran Martin, Constitution Director and Senior Responsible Owner for the Electoral Registration Transformation Programme, Cabinet Office
- Colin Dingwall, Programme Director, Electoral Registration Transformation Programme, Cabinet Office
Image: Parliamentary copyright