The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee holds its first session on corporation tax in Northern Ireland at 3.00pm, Wednesday 27 October 2010 in Committee Room 5, House of Commons.
Economic and financial experts will answer questions from the Committee about the benefits of equalizing the corporation tax rate in Northern Ireland with that of the Republic of Ireland.
The Committee will also examine what alternative measures could be introduced by the UK Government to make the Northern Ireland economy more competitive and the potential impact of introducing different corporation tax rates on a regional basis within the UK.
Representing the Northern Ireland Economic Reform Group:
- Eamonn Donaghy, KPMG
- Victor Hewitt, Director, Economic Research Institute Northern Ireland
- Jeremy Fitch, Managing Director, Clients Group & Business International, Invest NI
- Brendan Morris, Chair, Northern Ireland Branch, Chartered Institute of Taxation
- John Whiting, Tax Director, Head of the Office of Tax Simplification
- Martin Fleetwood, PricewaterhouseCoopers