The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee today announces a new inquiry into The implementation of the Armed Forces Covenant in Northern Ireland.
Taking account of progress made so far in implementing the Covenant in England, Scotland and Wales, the inquiry will examine progress in its implementation in Northern Ireland, including:
- links between the Armed Forces Community in Northern Ireland and Departments of the NI Executive;
- barriers to progress, statutory or otherwise, in implementing the Covenant;
- the level of co-ordination between the NI Executive, the Northern Ireland Office, the Ministry of Defence and other relevant UK Government Departments, and
- the absence of NI representation on the Covenant Reference Group.
Submitting written evidence
The Committee invites any individual or organisation with an interest in this matter to submit written evidence in accordance with the guidelines stated below and detailed in the guide for witnesses ( PDF 1.25 MB). Each submission should:
- Be no more than 3,000 words in length;
- Have numbered paragraphs, and
- Be in Word format with as little use of colour or images as possible. Please do not send PDFs.
A copy of the submission should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] marked "The implementation of the Armed Forces Covenant in Northern Ireland" by Thursday 7 February 2013.