The Committee is to review the operation of the Parliamentary Standards Act 2009, which established the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA)
In particular it will consider how to ensure:
- value for money for taxpayers
- public confidence in Parliament
- the ability of Members to fulfil their duties effectively
- fairness for less well-off Members and those with families
- that Members are not deterred from submitting legitimate claims
Written evidence addressing any or all of these issues is invited by Monday 3 October.