Prime Minister, Rt Hon David Cameron MP will appear before the Liaison Committee at 4.00pm on Tuesday 10 September.
Tuesday 10 September 2013, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon David Cameron MP, Prime Minister
The meeting will include the following themes:
Reform of the Civil Service, and the capacity of the Civil Service to design and manage contracts
Regulation of the Press, and the proposed Royal Charter
- Public Administration Committee report – Truth to Power: How Civil Service Reform can succeed
- Procurement: capacity of civil service to design and manage contracts
- Recent examples: Universal Credit, G4S, West Coast Main Line, Serco, and the UK Border Agency
- Progress on the Royal Charter
- Regulation of private investigators
The session will be chaired by Sir Alan Beith MP and is also likely to involve the following Select Committee Chairs:
- Mr Graham Allen MP, Political and Constitutional Reform
- Dame Anne Begg MP, Work and Pensions
- Mr Clive Betts MP, Communities and Local Government
- Mrs Louise Ellman MP, Transport
- Margaret Hodge MP, Public Accounts
- Mr Bernard Jenkin MP, Public Administration
- Miss Anne McIntosh MP, EFRA
- Andrew Miller MP, Science and Technology
- Keith Vaz MP, Home Affairs
- Mr John Whittingdale MP, Culture, Media and Sport
The evidence session is expected to last for one and a half hours.
The session is open to the public and can be watched live or on-demand at www.parliamentlive.tv.
A transcript of this hearing will be published online as soon as possible.
The Liaison Committee is made up of the Chairs of House of Commons Select Committees.
Image: Parliamentary copyright